explains what you can expect from us and what we need from you in relation to
your personal data. Please read this carefully as this policy is legally
binding when you use our Services.
For the purpose of the relevant data protection regulations, One World Connect Ltd are the “data controller” of your information. Our registered address is George Court, Bartholomew’s Walk, Ely, United Kingdom, CB7 4JW. Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office UK (ICO) is ZA488859.
If you have any questions about how we protect or use your data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information and use a secure server to store your personal information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Transport Layer Security technology.
- As you will know, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of One World Connect who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal information from unauthorised access.
We may collect and use the following data
- You may give us information about you when you sign up to use our service, e.g. when you provide us with your personal details, such as your name and email address. This also includes information you provide through your continued use of our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website or App, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Services.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information (including credit card, debit card, or bank account information), payment reason, geographical location, social security number, personal description and photograph.
- We may also need additional commercial and/or identification information from your e.g. if you send or receive certain high-value or high volume transactions or as needed to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations under applicable law.
With regard to
your use of our Services we may automatically collect the following information:
- details of the transactions you carry out when using our Services, including geographic location from which the transaction originates;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website or App (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our Customer Support number.
We may receive
information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the
other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties and
may receive information about you from them.
- the banks you use to transfer
money to us will provide us with your basic personal information, such as your
name and address, as well as your financial information such as your bank
- business partners may provide
us with your name and address, as well as financial information, such as card
- advertising networks, analytics
providers and search information providers may provide us with pseudonymised
information about you, such as confirming how you found our website;
- credit reference agencies do
not provide us with any personal information about yourself, but may be used to
corroborate the information you have provided to us.
If you log in to our Services using your social media account (for example, Facebook or Google) we will receive relevant information that is necessary to enable our Services and authenticate you.
The social media network will provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to them, including your name, profile image and e-mail address.
We use such information, together with any other information you directly provide to us when registering or using our Services, to create your account and to communicate with you about the information, products and services that you request from us.
from other users. This helps us to provide you with a good experience and also
allows us to improve our Services. For detailed information on the cookies we
We use your information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations
relating to your contract with us and to provide you with the information,
products and services carry;
- to comply with any applicable
legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- to notify you about changes to
- as part of our efforts to keep
our Services safe and secure;
- to administer our Services and
for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing,
research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Services and to
ensure that they are presented in the most effective manner;
- to measure or understand the
effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising to
- to allow you to participate in
interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- to provide you with information
about other similar goods and services we offer;
- to provide you, or permit
selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services
we feel may interest you; or
- to combine information we
receive from other sources with the information you give to us and information
we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information
for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- affiliates, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and execution of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks solely to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Customer Agreement and other applicable agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of One World Connect, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to assist us in conducting or co-operating in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity where we believe it is reasonable and appropriate to do so; to prevent and detect fraud or crime;
- to prevent and detect fraud or crime;
- in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or as otherwise required by law;
- to assess financial and insurance risks;
- to recover debt or in relation to your insolvency; and
- to develop customer relationships, services and systems.
The data that we collect from you will be
stored only within the UK. However, it
may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK who work for us or for
one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the
fulfilment of your payment order, the processing of your payment details and
the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree
to this transfer, storing or processing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is
In order to provide our Services to you, it
is sometimes necessary for us to transfer your data to the third parties
outlined in section 6.1 that are based outside of the European Economic Area.
In these cases, we ensure that both ourselves and our partners take adequate
and appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to
protect your data. We also ensure we have appropriate contractual protections
in place with these third parties.
- As a regulated financial
institution, One World Connect is required by law to store some of your
personal and transactional data beyond the closure of your account with us.
Your data is only accessed internally on a need to know basis, and it will only
be accessed or processed if absolutely necessary.
- We will always delete data that
is no longer required by a relevant law or jurisdiction in which we operate.
- We will retain storage of your
data for a maximum of 6 years.
- You have the right to correct any personal information We hold on you that is inaccurate, incorrect, or out of date.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your data when it is no longer necessary, or no longer subject to a legal obligation to which One World Connect is subject to.
- You can email email@example.com and request for our data deletion procedure for details on how to remove your personal data.
- You have the right to transfer your personal data between data controllers, for example, to move your account details from one online platform to another.
- Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Subject to applicable laws, you
may have the right to access information we held about you. Your right of
access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection
- Any changes we may make to our
you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to
- If you feel that we have not addressed your questions or concerns adequately, you may make a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom. You may see their contact details via the ICO website.